Friday, April 30, 2010

Almost HOT

I found this post by another crossfit gym, barbellsandbacon.com, and I thought it was pretty inspiring. How could it not be inspiring, the name of the blog is barbells and bacon - two amazing things.

.Just Don’t Forget to Work Hard

Picture 1

I know you need to make sure that you keep track of every single repetition and every single set….. just don’t forget to work hard

I know you need to make sure the clock starts precisely on time and not one second early or late…..just don’t forget to work hard

I know you need to make sure that nobody uses your jump rope…. just don’t forget to work hard

I know its crowded, too hot, too cold, not crowded enough, the music sucks , you are hungry, you are full…… just don’t forget to work hard

I know you need an entire roll of tape on your thumbs, wrists, and palms before even considering touching the pull-up bar…. just don’t forget to work hard

I know you are sore from yesterday…. just don’t forget to work hard

I know the bar is too fat, too skinny, bloody, too sharp, not sharp enough, doesn’t spin fast enough, spins too fast….. just don’t forget to work hard.


“The struggle itself towards the heights is enough to fill a man’s heart. We have to imagine Sisyphus happy.” — Albert Camus

1 comment:

  1. Another good quote for how it feels when you're up against what you fear will be a killer workout (i.e. Murph, that hero one from last week):

    "When the situation is hopeless, there is nothing left to worry about." -- Edward Abbey

    ReplyDelete